Monday, February 20, 2012

Sweet dreams...

Surprise, Surprise! I had another food dream last night! 
And it was about this glorious treat:
But somehow it was sugar free! I had one of these for one of my very first cheat meals and it was worth every little sugary bite.
I have such a bad sweet tooth. Thats been one of the harder things to deal with on this diet. Before the diet  I would always have some kind of candy or treat in my purse. Now I just have a huge bag of sugar free gum with 6 or 7 different flavors. 
Sometimes the gum doesn't quite cut it and I have to find other ways to curb my sweet tooth. One of my new favorite things is my morning coffee. Since I have to drink it black, we have been trying new flavors of beans and adding sugar free syrup to it. This weeks flavor is cinnamon bun with vanilla syrup. So tasty!


And the chain falls!
At the very beginning of our contest diet, Phil and I, and our inner child, decided it would be fun to make a count down chain till the show. You know the chains you would make out of construction paper to count down till Christmas?? Yup, exactly like that. It is the coolest count down chain EVER! We put a lot of thought into it. We even made special chains for each holiday. Christmas, New years, Valentines, even Martin Luther King day! lol We strung it up around Phil's room:
Each time we get to the top of a loop and the chain falls, we get so excited. And it fell today! :)
We are already down to the green! We aren't the best at remembering to take one off every day and since its so high up we usually have to get a stool to take them off. But it has been so fun to watch it shrink!

1 comment:

  1. It seems like just last week that we were hanging that chain - I can't believe you guys are down to the green already. I just went in and looked at it and can't believe how small it looks! :) YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!

    ReplyDelete